One Line Description
Green Business Idea, Startup Incubation Competition
Climate launchpad, Shazib
Detailed Description of the Event
ClimateLaunchpad is an early stage startup incubation program, started by the European Union and then gradually expanded to 45 countries globally. It focused on Climate & Cleantech startups which include ideas in the domain of Air, Water, Waste, Energy, AgTech, Electric Vehicles etc.
We launched the program in 2017 with Mumbai, then in 2018 expanded to total geographies (Maharashtra, Karnataka, AP, Telangana, Tamil Nadu & Sri Lanka). For 2019, we have opened applications for 13 Indian states and 5 South Asian countries incl Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Mauritius & Maldives.
PRE REGISTER HERE climatecollective.mobilize.io/registrations/groups/30791
The program is structured as follows:
CLP program follows a well-curated curriculum coming directly from Europe based on their experiences in so many countries for 4 years now. Structure of CLP Programme looks like the following:
- Application Scrutiny: Once we receive the applications we scrutinize to invite up to 10 teams in each cohort/program.
- 2 day Bootcamp: Teams are given accelerated coaching on Business skills by the Global Trainer. Teams pitch their ideas (but no competition).
- Incubation: Over 3 months we give virtual coaching to startups in form of total 6 modules where startups have to work out and re-do their pitch PPTs. We follow a structured curriculum approach assigning a dedicated coach to every startup. Our coaches are cleantech entrepreneurs.
- Regional Finals: There will be a winner from each cohort/program.
- International Finals: Regional winners will win a slot in the International Finals at Europe. Winner gets prize money as well as entry into Climate-KIC accelerator.
Time: May 11 8:00am - May 12 5:00pm